Emails have been used for communication since the 1970s, and although it is widespread now, it’s still a handy marketing tool. Many business owners are still using this five-decade-old technology to generate leads and convert to customers.
Email marketing can aid in growing your business in many ways, especially in lead conversion. Read on to discover how email marketing can help you convert your leads to customers.
Four Ways Email Marketing Can Convert Your Leads To Customers
1. Email Marketing Is Still a Widely Used Medium of Communication
Email is no longer the fascinating new technology that everybody used to rave about years, but it is still a relevant and indispensable communication tool. It is not as fascinating as it used to be before, but many people use it to communicate today, especially in the business world. 98% of the time, an email is sent and received.
In comparison, a social media post is only likely to reach about 2 per cent of your followers, but an email is guaranteed to reach their inboxes. Also, an email has a massive reach, because more than 90 per cent of American adults and about three-quarters of teenagers use emails.
2. Emails can help you re-establish connection with leads you might lose
One of the great ways email marketing can help your business is through targeting pre-qualified leads. It works like this: A prospective customer visits your website and looks around for a while. They don’t buy anything but signs a newsletter before leaving. That person automatically becomes a pre-qualified lead because you know that they’re interested in your product or service. Any effort you put into marketing to convert that lead us likely to be successful.
Rather than assuming that you’ve lost the lead when they leave your site, you can use emails to nurture that leas, engage their attention and finally convert them to a paying customer.
3. Personalized Emails Can Get People’s Attention More Than Other Emails
More than reaching your target leads, email marketing allows you to personalize the messages, which increases the possibility that the recipient will open and read the email. Also, personalized emails can reduce requests to cancel subscriptions, and they’re 75 per cent more likely to be opened and read, and have higher click-through rates.
You can personalize your emails in many ways:
- write the receiver’s name in the subject of the email or include it in your salutation
- use the name of an actual employee as the sender
- send emails at the right time (you will have to test this several times to see which time works best).
You can also send your business cards to your prospective leads. For good business card design resources, visit https://businesscards.co/
4. Separate leads into groups to make it easier to send personalized and relevant content
Another effective way to maximize email marketing is to separate your leads into groups based on their buyer personalities (demographics, employment status, pain points, shopping habits, buyer stage, etc.).
After doing this, you can create emails according to the different groups. It will help you deliver personalized and relevant content to your leads. You can divide your leads easily in a few ways:
- By changing the language and tone of the message to relate to the different demographics
- By creating customized offers using their buying and searching habits
- By writing different types of content or write about different topics
- By offering special sales based on their location
- By giving them suggestions on products or services based on their needs or past purchases
Emails are being used by millions of people today, and email marketing is an effective way of acquiring new leads and turning them into customers.
Anne has a background in marketing at the boutique and agency level. Recently she start to focus more on writing again and enjoys covering topics on marketing, entrepreneurship finance and web design. Outside work she’s into meditation, travel and arts.